Saturday, February 16, 2013

Free Motion Quilting Progress

I have noticed that I tend to post to this blog in spurts. That's not to say that I don't make an effort to put in at least 30 minutes of sewing a night. It's that taking pictures and coming up with a narrative is what takes the time.

When I first started quilting, I really hadn't even heard of free motion quilting. All that changed when I found Leah Day and her Free Motion Quilting Project on Youtube. I, like so many other people, am just so inspired by her work (not to mention grateful). This is the first quilt I have really just let loose on. Knowing that it is probably going to be donated to Quilts for Kids, helps me relax a bit.

Something else that helps my quilting is having a machine with a speed regulator. What a difference!

http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/2013/02/fmq-friday-getting-back-on-track.html#links

So far it's about half complete.


That's it for now. More later....

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I like what you are doing with the solid color blocks. How neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Swirls look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The swirls came from Angela Walters but everything else is pure Leah Day.

      Delete
  3. Very cute. I love how you have used different fill designs in the different spaces on your quilt. Your swirls look really nice in the sashing. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing great - hardly believe you've been quilting such a short time. Your free motion is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete