Thursday, November 22, 2012

T-Shirt Remodel

First off, I want to start off to say that I am in no way endorsing the band pictured on the shirt. It is not my favorite band. I happened to get the shirt for free. I decided this would be a good shirt to potentially ruin, in my attempt to try a new project.

When I was growing up, I would occasionally get my hands on a cool band t-shirt. The problem was always finding cute fitted shirts that had the same cool graphics. I recently signed up for a Burda Style account and came across a technique for refitting large shirts. I ended up sacrificing a faded Old Navy t-shirt that still fit pretty well, and using it as a template. I patiently ripped out the all the seams, only leaving the collar intact. 

More details here.

I started out with a X-Large men's shirt, that happens to have this logo on it.

This is the first project that involved sewing in sleeves. Despite the strange look on my face, I am pretty happy with the way this came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment