Sunday, December 30, 2012

Completed Projects (Finally!)

If you're anything like me, I procrastinate until the very last minute. This was the case this year, when making Christmas presents.  Unfortunately for me, I didn't remember to take pictures of everything. Here are a couple highlights:

Craftsy offers a few free classes for novices like me. I recently took the Bag Making Basics Reversible Tote and Zipper Pouch class. Kristen Link of Sew Mama Sew fame taught the class. Before the class, I had never sewn a zipper or used interfacing. I can now whip up one of these bags in about an hour.

My first attempt was a zipper pouch/make up bag I made in a Michael Miller Eiffel Tower Print. I tweeked the second and third attempts so that they would be the appropriate size for a Kindle Fire case. Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures of those particular finished projects.

The link for the free Craftsy class is here.
Zipper Pouch ala Craftsy class

After making pouches for everyone else, I made this make-up pouch out of left over jelly roll strips in Moda Spa print. I put a layer of fusible fleece between heavy weight sew-in interfacing.










Here is the final product. I have to say I am really happy with the results! My husband tells me I should put these on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment