Sunday, December 30, 2012

Finished Projects (Part 2) Quilted Bag for Knitting

I have to say, I had a lot of fun making crafts, instead of stressing out on the cost of gifts this year.

Instead of putting all of my completed projects in one post, I thought I would split this up a bit. I have a friend who is what I consider to be, an expert knitter. I wanted to make her a light weight bag so she could haul her knitting around.

I found the tutorial for this bag on the Mad Quilter (Life on the Run) blog. Since this was the first lined bag with handles I had ever made, I got a bit hung up on what to do with the handles. Craftsy offers a free class Bag Making Basics Reversible Tote and Zipper Pouch class. The reversible tote with handles portion of the class was exactly what I needed to sort the lining and handles problem.


The tutorial for the completed bag is here:

http://madquilter.blogspot.com/2009/11/charm-square-jewel-shaped-bag-free.html

 I made this bag using 6" charm squares from Valori Wells in Cocoon and grey Kona solid fabric for the lining and handles.

I had a hard time parting with the charm squares. I know they went to a good home.

 Sorry about the fuzzy photo.





No comments:

Post a Comment