Monday, October 15, 2012

Thinking About Getting a Joann’s Fabric Gift Card?

Think Again…

 
I spend quite a bit of time in the Daly City, CA store location and have come to enjoy my afternoon trips and the 50% off coupons. So when my Aunt asked me which fabric store I would like a birthday gift card to, I told her Joann's, without hesitation.

After receiving the physical card in the mail I decided to activate it. It seems Joann's has a two part gift card activation system. They require that you enter the numbers off the physical card and the electronic gift card and electronic PIN, which is generated and emailed when purchasing the gift card. Sounds easy enough... After 4 unsucessful attemps, I called the 877# to use the activate card feature. No luck there either. I used the contact us link on the Joann homepage and sent an email to their customer service department. I NEVER heard back. When I say never, a month is too long to not respond to a customer. If that wasn’t bad enough, I wrote a snail mail letter and mailed it off with 5 pages of back-up documentation. Two weeks later, I’m still waiting to hear back.

Where is the $50 my Aunt sent me? I’d love to know.

 
Joann Fabric customer service has got to be the worst in the industry.

2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    I came across your post today in a Google search. I had the exact same problem: I had a plastic Jo-Ann gift card but didn't have the electronic gift card number needed to activate it. I called this number 1-888-739-4120 and the customer service rep was able to look up the my card using the purchaser's first and last name. She found it in her database and activated the card for me over the phone. This was a card that I've had sitting around since 2011... maybe you can do the same??? Hope it helps.

    -Ryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally received a reply to my snail mail letter, about 2 months later. It seems that we aren't the only people that have encountered trouble with Joanne's "dual number" system.
      Thanks for your input. Someone will find your response helpful.

      Delete